A holiday retreat to Englewood Ridge offers more than just luxurious accommodation, scenic views and a laid back, country atmosphere. Enjoy everything the Hunter Valley has to offer, with attractions from wine tasting tours to scenic flights – or perhaps even a round of golf. Whatever your passion or hobby, it’s all within easy reach while staying at Englewood Ridge.
Hunter Valley wine makers have been perfecting their art since the early 1800s, and the local region is famous throughout the world for its unique, first class produce. Our Englewood Ridge house accommodation is located in the heart of Hunter Valley wine country and offers an ideal opening and atmosphere to base your next wine tasting tour or holiday.
As well as vineyards, the Hunter Valley is also home to several family oriented breweries, such as Potter’s Brewery in Cessnock and the relatively new Blue Tongue brewery in Pokolbin, whose superb ales have been released to critical acclaim the world over.
Scenic flights leave Rutherford, Cessnock and Pokolbin and offer a truly breath taking opportunity to take in the rolling hills and pristine, uniquely Australian bush land environment in all its glory. For those seeking a bit of adventure, the option exists to take a biplane, helicopter, or a Hot Air Balloon. And for the real thrill seeker, Action Aerobatics even offer acrobatic flights!
The Hunter Valley offers numerous country sporting opportunities. The region hosts several outstanding golf and country clubs, as well as numerous other outdoor activities such as mountain biking tours and hiking.
It’s not surprising that the inspirational and naturally beautiful accommodation Hunter Valley is home to some of the best photographers and artists worldwide, including internationally celebrated landscape photographer, Ken Duncan.
Visit the Hunter Valley Wine Country website for a detailed list of wineries.
Experience Lovedale Hunter Valley
Lovedale Hunter Valley is fabulous for wine lovers. There are wonderful places to eat where cuisine complements excellent local wines, boutique wineries and many other attractions located nearby in tranquil surroundings. For those attracted to golf there are nearby golf courses of different levels.
During the 3rd weekend in May, the area hosts the iconic Lovedale Long Lunch – a festival of wine, food, music and art at Lovedale wineries.
Whether you are looking for a quiet spot for two or a place to relax with a group of friends think of Lovedale as your own private vineyard and enjoy a delicious voyage of discovery.
Lovedale Restaurants & Cafés
- St Clements Estate Restaurant – across Talga Road and down a few hundred meters from Englewood Ridge
- Wandin Valley Estate Cafe – next door to Englewood Ridge on Talga Road
- Leaves and Fishes – Lovedale Road
- Amandas on the Edge Restaurant – Wine Country Drive
- Red Salt Restauarant @ Crowne Plaza
- Majors Lane Restaurant – Majors Lane
- Emersons @ Adina – Lovedale Road
- Tatler Tapas – Lovedale Road
- The Deck Café @ Gartelmann Wines – Lovedale Road
- Sabor Tea Room – Wilderness Road
- You can also organize onsite delivery of catered meals
Lovedale Wineries & Vineyards
- Allandale Winery – Lovedale Road
- Capercaillie Winery – Lovedale Road
- Wandin Valley Estate Winery – Wilderness Road
- Saltire – Wilderness Road
- Gartelmann Wines – Lovedale Road
- Tatler Wines – Lovedale Road
- Domaine de Binet – Lovedale Road
- Emma’s Cottage Vineyard – Wilderness Road
- Sandalyn Wilderness Estate – Wilderness Road
- Adina Cellar Door – Lovedale Road
Hunter Valley Golf Courses
- Crowne Plaza Golf Course
- Cypress Lakes Golf Course
- The Vintage Golf Course
- Cessnock Golf Club
- The Oaks Golf & Country Club
Other Activities and Attractions
- Ogishi Craft Centre
- Adina Olive Centre & Olive Mill
- Emma’s Cottage Gallery
- Wine Country Ballooning
- Balloon Safaris
- Hunter Valley Horse Riding Adventures
- Hunter Valley Cycling
- Hunter Valley Trikes
- Slattery Helicopter Charter”
Handmade in the Hunter 2019
- Good place for big groups. Perfect location to explore the Hunter region. Andres
- We absolutely loved Mike’s place. It was perfect for our weekend away in the Hunter Valley, situated a short drive from some amazing vineyards. Mike was also a great host, providing plenty of information prior to our trip. Thomas
- Mike was excellent and prepared! We had the best stay and the property is STUNNING! Definitely recommend! Sam
- Great location. Mike was extremely helpful and made our stay carefree. Definitely will go again! Lauren
- Exceptional! We will be back Niamh